Thursday 30 January 2014

Adding and reinforcing patches.

Some more patches arrived in the post today, unfortunately, I had to pay £11in customs fees, although this was the first time I have ever had that happen with an international purchase.

I ordered a number of fabric versions of the harder to find badges, (from Spoonflower) as well as the logo, but the logo is around 2 inches too small. The proportions are great though, as I was having some trouble with the "ce" part, so I am scanning it in and using as a template to work on. The colours are not as vibrant as I'd like, so once I'm finished editing it, I think I will take it to a professional printer to get a good quality print, with vibrant colours.

I have also been collecting pins and badges from ebay - still a few to arrive, and a few more to get yet. I have reinforced them all, as one layer of the iron on fabric was not enough, they now all have two layers, and are much stronger. I do have some fraying on the one I have been road testing (smaller "1987" patch. So I need to address potential fraying.
 

Here is my collection so far!






No comments:

Post a Comment